Education English | Speaking : Expressing Capability and Incapability | When we want to express capability (able to do something), we can use the words : can, able, capable, and competent.
1. I can do the work myself.
2. I'm sure we'll be able to solve the problem.
3. The factor is capable to supply all the demand of people.
4. Mr. Bayu is competent manager.
The opposite of capability is incapability. When we want to express incapability, we can use cannot (can't), unable, incapable and incompetent.
1. We can't afford to buy a beautiful large house because we don't have much money.
2. He is unable to cope with the problem himself.
3.Mrs. Andri is incapable of paying her loan.
4. He is incompetence in the work but he still tries.
5. I'm sorry I won't be able to come to the meeting.
Other examples :
1. I am confident I could…
2. I believe we could..
3. The employee is competent to..
4. I am certain I’m capable of..
5. I fell sure I’m able..
1. I’m not sure I’m capable enough to…
2. There is nothing we can do to….
3. I’m not competed in..
4. I won’t be able to..
5. I cannot..